Now in its 27th year, the Lincoln Park ZooLights Festival 2021 will light the holiday spirit in guests of all ages! Featuring classic and new lighting concepts, the Chicago ZooLights remain a beloved tradition while always keeping the experience fresh and new. Expect to see new exhibits in a more intimate setting than years past. Plus, this is one of the first opportunities to visit the new Pepper Family Wildlife Center, home of this year’s 18-foot holiday tree. Take a look at what else you’ll experience at Lincoln Park ZooLights Chicago, then take a look at the holiday offerings at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.
Lincoln Park ZooLights Chicago Tickets
Lincoln Park ZooLights Festival 2021 remains one of the most affordable family events of the holiday season in the Chicago area. Running from 4 to 10 pm nightly from Nov. 19-24, 26-30, Dec. 1, 3-15, 17-23, 26-31, and Jan. 1-2, guests will be admitted for free on Mondays and Tuesdays but advance ticket reservations are required and open now. Guests of all ages, including infants, can enter on Wednesday through Sunday for five dollars apiece, which goes directly to animal care, global conservation efforts, and educational programs. A couple of Lincoln Park ZooLights exhibits have an additional three dollar charge: the Light Maze and Enchanted Forest.
Special Events at the Lincoln Park ZooLights in Chicago
While a visit to Lincoln Park ZooLights Festival 2021 is always special, some nights are going to be memorable for more than the spectacular light exhibits. Check out the special events taking place at Chicago ZooLights this season:
- November 19 – Members Only Night: Open only to Lincoln Park Zoo members.
- November 29 – Sensory-Friendly Hours: From 4 to 6 pm music and blinking or moving lights will be disabled.
- December 2 – BrewLights: Sample festive beers from Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. while strolling through the displays.
- December 12 – Chris White Trio’s Tribute to “A Charlie Brown Christmas”: Visit Café Brauer and enjoy a live jazz performance of this holiday classic for $35.
- December 13 – Members Only Night: Open only to Lincoln Park Zoo members.
- December 15 – Sensory-Friendly Hours: From 4 to 6 pm music and blinking or moving lights will be disabled.
- December 16 – Adults’ Night Out Holidaze: At 6:30 pm, it’s grown-ups only (ages 18+) at the Chicago ZooLights! Tickets start at $20 and include unlimited access to the carousel, Light Maze, and Enchanted Forest.
- December 31 – Zoo Year’s Eve: Welcome 2022 with DJs, games, giveaways, and animal enrichment at this 21+ event that begins at 9 pm. Tickets are $10.
For more information visit: Lincoln Park Zoo Lights.